Our home-school agreement summarises the partnership the school wishes to develop with parents/carers and children.
The school will:
- care for your child’s safety and happiness
- encourage your child to do his/her best and to value and respect others
- aim to provide a high standard of teaching for every individual child
- aim to provide a broad and balanced curriculum and meet the needs of your child
- keep you informed about general school matters and about the progress of your child in particular through a school report and parents’ evenings
- set and mark homework
- let you know about any concerns or problems that affect your child’s work or behaviour
- be open and welcoming to you.
The family will:
- ensure that your child goes to school regularly, on time and properly equipped
- make the school aware of any concerns or problems that might affect your child’s work or behaviour
- support the school’s policy on encouraging good behaviour
- support your child in homework and in other opportunities for home learning
- attend parents’ evenings and discussions about your child’s progress.