At present, for the 2020/21 academic year, we have some Governor links to elements of the plan which have been established for 2020/21 and these identified governors meet with subject leaders on a regular basis to evaluate progress and impact of work being undertaken. We have a recently formed School Development and Curriculum Committee, whose prime function is to monitor and evaluate the quality of our curriculum, aspects of teaching and learning and the progress and attainment of our children across all year groups. Subject leaders regularly provide updates to members of the Governing Body in meetings.
Key Priorities From Overall School Development Plan (SDP 2020/2021 )
- To embed, and modify where required, our recently revised long term curriculum plans across each key subject area during 2020/2021.
- To focus intensely upon, and develop, 2 to 3 key subject areas as part of our overall curriculum focus and to use the ‘Deep Dive ‘approach to monitoring these areas.
- To focus upon EYFS reading skills and phonics delivery , structure and development in order to further improve and maximise reading skills and fluency within EYFS and consistently across into KS1, and KS2.
- To ensure that writing is subject appropriate across a wide range os curriculum areas, and that we are developing subject specific vocabulary and language within our children across all year groups.
- To take part in and begin to plan for and deliver the Educate and Celebrate LGBT project in order to begin to develop our children’s understanding of the issues involved around this area.
- To ensure that Governors are actively involved in working closely in partnership with the school in order to continue to develop their strategic understanding and awareness of school issues, priorities and current developments.
- To look at ways of ensuring challenge for Reception aged children in EYFS as they are working alongside Nursery children in our EYFS unit.
- To begin to train staff and begin to develop the Forest Schools Programme within and across or school.