Here is a list of our current staff structure and their roles and responsibilities:
- Mr Shawn Laws (Executive Head Teacher, Designated Safeguarding Lead)
It is a huge honour to be the Head Teacher at Witton le Wear Primary School. I took up my role in September 2022 and am working hard to bring a lot of exciting changes to the school.
I love stories, my favourite author as a child was Enid Blyton. I loved taking part in adventures of the Famous Five or climbing the Faraway Tree in the ‘Enchanted Wood’.
I love my job, bringing new and exciting developments to the school is fantastic, but first and foremost I am a teacher and spending time learning with the children in school is what gives me the greatest pride.
Away from school, I am sports mad. I do a sport called triathlon which involves swimming, cycling and running one after another. I have recently been selected to compete for Team GB, of which I am very proud. I am really keen to help all of our children develop an active and healthy lifestyle, so I aim to ensure there are always lots of sporting clubs and activities available and everyone gets the opportunity to take part.
- Mrs Sharon Walker (Deputy Head Teacher, Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead)
- Mrs Sophie Foster (Class One – Nursery & Reception)
- Mrs Rachel Donnelly (Class One – Nursery & Reception)
- Mrs Rebecca Redfern (Class Two – Year 1 and Year 2)
- Mrs Sharon Walker (Class Three – Year 3 and Year 4)
- Mrs Becky Kasner-Wood (Class Four – Year 5 and Year 6)
- Miss Sarah Brown
- Mrs Sue Cooper
- Mrs Jenny Franks
- Miss Isobel Harvey (Apprentice)
- Mrs Catherine Forsyth
Non Teaching Staff
- Mrs Sue Thompson (School Secretary)
- Mrs Lynn Docherty (Caretaker, Lunchtime Supervisor, Breakfast Club supervisor)
- Miss Helen Taylor (Kitchen Staff)
- Miss Nicola Cole (Kitchen Staff)
- Mrs Clare McKimm (Lunchtime Supervisors)
- Miss Leisha Jones(Lunchtime Supervisor, Breakfast Club & WASCLS supervisor)
Staff Key Roles and Responsibilities 2022/2023
- Mrs Sophie Foster: Nursery & Reception, EYFS, SEND, First Aid, DT and Healthy Schools.
- Mrs Rachel Donnelly: Nursery & Reception, Science, Music and Art.
- Mrs Rebecca Redfern: Year 1 and 2, Computing, RE, Esafety, Educate & Celebrate
- Mrs Becky Kasner-Wood: Year 5 and 6. Maths, MFL/French, International Links, Geography, History, First Aid, Child Protection L2
- Mrs Sharon Walker: Year 3 and 4. DHT, Literacy, Assessment (alongside HT), PE, PSHCE, Deputy Safeguarding Lead
Staff / coordinators always work upon areas for school improvement and development as a whole team in order to share expertise, and to try and ensure consistency and progression of approach with developments, initiatives, and aspects of teaching and learning.
All teachers within school are paid in line with national guidelines and details can be found within our school pay policy 2020/21. Currently within 2020/21 academic year, we have no staff or members of the school leadership team that have a gross annual salary of £100,000 or more.